CHICKEN & BLACKBERRY
Serves: 2 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 5 minutes
· 2 slices walnut bread, ripped into small chunks
· 2tsp olive oil
· 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
· Bag of watercress
· 50g feta
· 100g blackberries
For the dressing
· 2 tsp olive oil
· Zest of ½ lemon
· 2tsp lemon juice
· 3 sprigs thyme, leaves only
· 2tsp honey
What to do:
1. Heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan. Put the bread onto an oven tray, drizzle with the oil and season well. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes until crisp.
2. Combine all of the dressing ingredients and season.
3. Put the chicken, watercress, feta and blackberries in a salad bowl or plate, add the croutons and drizzle with dressing. Toss well and serve.
Note: The flavour of walnut bread works well with blackberries but if you can’t find it then any bread will do.
STRAWBERRY & PANCETTA
Serves: 6 | Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
For the salad
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 100g of smoked pancetta
• 500g asparagus
• 400g strawberries halved
• 50g sliced almonds, toasted
• 100g English goats’ cheese
For the dressing
• 1 tbsp ginger preserve
• 1 small lemon, juiced
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive Oil
• salt and pepper
1. Brush the griddle pan with the tsp of oil and fry the pancetta until crispy brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
2. Having removed the tough ends, add the young asparagus spears to the hot pan, turning every so often and cook for 3-4 minutes so they are nicely charred. Remove and place in a warm dish.
3. Using an empty jam jar, put all the dressing ingredients in together and with the lid on, shake vigorously to emulsify the vinaigrette.
4. Scatter the warm pancetta over the asparagus followed by the strawberries and crumbled goats’ cheese, sprinkle with the toasted almonds and drizzle with the ginger dressing. Season well with salt black pepper and serve.