Apple & Mango Compote
1. Peel and chop the mango and apples into bite sized pieces, add to a pan on a medium-low heat.
2. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon and water and stir together.
3. Leave to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. As the fruit begins to soften, use the back of a fork to crush the fruit into a pulp or ‘compote’ consistency.
5. Leave to cool and store in an airtight container.
Serve with soya or coconut yoghurt, fresh berries, granola... You could even use it as a sweet dip.
- 200g of mango (1 large mango)
- 200g of apples (3 regular apples)
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 75ml of water