2 tbsp macadamia nut oil
4 shallots, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp harissa paste
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
6 very ripe large tomatoes, chopped
Salt and pepper
4 medium eggs
Basil, chopped (optional)
1) Heat the macadamia nut oil in frying pan, add the shallots and garlic and fry until soft.
2) Add the peppers, cherry tomatoes, harissa, tomato puree, cumin and paprika, and cook for about 20 minutes until the peppers soften.
3) Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes, until a thick sauce is reached.
4) Season to taste.
5) Make 4 little dips in the sauce, and gently break the eggs into each well.
6) Place a lid on top of the pan, and simmer gently until the egg whites are cooked but the yolks are still runny.
7) Once the eggs are cooked, garnish as you wish and then serve.