Peruvian Hass avocado brownies
Adding mashed Peruvian Hass avocado to the recipe gives these brownies a rich flavour and fabulously moist texture.
Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Makes 12
- 1 Peruvian Hass avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 250g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 150g butter, cut into pieces
- 3 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 60g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a rectangular baking tin measuring approximately 25 x 20cms.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a large heatproof bowl positioned over a saucepan of gently simmering water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Meanwhile, mash the Peruvian Hass avocado to a smooth puree using a fork.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together for 2-3 minutes until light and airy, then add the Peruvian Hass avocado puree and whisk again until smooth.
- Add the flour and salt to the melted chocolate mixture, stirring gently until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes in the centre of the oven.
- Cool, then cut into 12 pieces.
Cook’s tip: Freeze the brownies for up to 3 months in a rigid container or freezer bag.