Plum Tarte Tartin
Perhaps not one to have every day, but a lovely British fruit dessert to end the summer.
Serves: 4-6 | Preparation time: 3 minutes | Cooking time: 35 minutes
· 2 tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Plum Sauce
· 75g golden caster sugar
· 8 ripe plums, halved and stones removed
· 320g (1pack) all-butter puff pastry
1. Preheat your oven to 220˚C. Dust a clean surface and a rolling pin with flour and roll out your puff pastry until it's just over 0.5cm thick.
2. Put the ovenproof pan on a medium heat and add the sugar and plum sauce. Let the sugar dissolve and cook until the mixture forms a light caramel. Place the plums upside down onto the pan and set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Quickly and carefully tuck the pastry down right into the edges. Using a knife, make a small opening in the centre of the pastry to let the steam out as it is baking.
4. Bake the Tarte Tartin for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden, with the caramel bubbling up from under the edges. Turn the Tarte Tartin out onto a serving plate or board and serve.