Tangy Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
Serves: 2 | Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 35 minutes
For the sauce:
3 tbsp. black vinegar
2 tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce
2 tbsp. cooking wine
4 spring onion white parts, diagonally sliced
3 ginger pieces
· 500g spare ribs
· 500ml hot water
· 30g sugar
· 2 tbsp. cooking oil
· 1 tsp black vinegar
1. Place ribs in a pot with cold water. Bring to the boil and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse under running warm water. Set aside to drain.
2. Heat up the wok or frying pan and add cooking oil and sugar under low heat. Keep stirring until the sugar melts and turns into light brown.
3. Add ribs to sugar mixture followed by the sauce mix. Continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes and pour hot water to cover.
4. Put a lid on and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir once or twice in the process.
5. Take out the ginger and spring onions. Turn up the heat to thicken the sauce. Keep stirring until all the ribs are evenly coated.
6. Add the black vinegar before serving.