Sweet Potato and Squash Soup
This mildly spiced soup is a lovely little winter warmer, it’s easy to make and a great dish to take with you to work for lunch. Here’s how I made it…
• 1/2 sweet potato (or a full small sized)
• 1 butternut squash
• 2 small carrots
• 2cm of fresh ginger
• 1/2 tsp of cumin
• 1/2 tsp of garam masala
• 1 litre of vegetable stock
• 150ml of coconut milk
• salt and pepper
1. Peel the sweet potato, carrots and squash (and deseed), and chop into rough small chunks.
2. Peel and grate the ginger.
3. Boil the kettle and make the veg stock (if using a stock cube).
4. Add all of the ingredients to a large pan and bring to the boil, then reduce and leave to simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
5. Blitz with a hand blender until smooth and serve!
Credit: Jennifer Makes jennifermakes.com