CARROT & RED LENTIL SOUP
How to make:
• Roughly peel and chop the carrots and potatoes into bite-size pieces, dice the garlic (and fresh ginger if using) and add to a large pan on a medium heat.
• Make the stock with boiling water, either using fresh or a stock cube. You can add spoonfuls of the stock to the pan to prevent the garlic burning.
• Add the cumin, salt, pepper and the ground ginger (if you’re not using fresh ginger) and stir together. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
• Rinse the dried red lentils and then add to the pan, bring down the heat to a high simmer.
• Tear off the coriander leaves and set to one side, chop up the stalks and add to the pan.
• Simmer the soup for twenty minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
• Leave to cool and then blend until smooth.
• When ready to eat, reheat in a pan and then serve with the fresh coriander leaves.
- Gluten free | Vegan | Dairy free -
You will need:
• 500g of carrots
• 250g of potatoes
• 100g of dried red lentils
• 800ml of stock (vegetable, chicken or beef)
• 1 garlic clove
• 1/2 tsp of ground ginger (or fresh)
• 1 tsp of cumin
• 20g of coriander
• salt and pepper
Credit: Jennifer Makes