Refreshing Ice Ideas
Something a bit different for us, but we all enjoy a G&T or glass of bubbles now and then and these are so pretty!
Jazz up boring ice cubes by introducing some different fruits, veggies and flavours to add to water or, if you're having a nice relaxed Friday evening in the summer, they can add a great freshness to a glass of vodka and tonic or your spritzer of choice.
Makes: 12 cubes | Preparation time: 10 minutes + 3-4 hours freezing time
When frozen, transfer the ice cubes to a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze for up to 6 months, this way you can keep topping up your supply.
Credit: Love the Crunch
RADISH & GRAPEFRUIT ICE CUBES for GIN & TONIC
Adding radishes and grapefruit to ice cubes helps bring out the botanicals in the gin, they look really pretty too!
- 4 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 grapefruit, ¼ cut into tiny wedges and the rest squeezed
What to do:
- Divide the radish and grapefruit between a 12 hole ice cube tray.
- Divide the grapefruit juice between the holes too then cover with water and freeze until solid
CELERY & MINT ICE CUBES for VODKA SODA
- 1 celery stick, sliced thinly
- Leaves from a small bunch of mint
What to do:
- Divide the celery and mint between a 12 hole ice cube tray.
- Cover with water and freeze until solid