Cranberry Bakewell Oat Bars
Makes 12 bars
- 90g rolled oats
- 50g chopped nuts (of your choice)
- 25g seeds (of your choice)
- 25g dried cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 160ml milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 175⁰C.
- Mix oats, nuts, seeds, cranberries and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl mix the beaten egg, milk, honey and almond extract together.
- Next mix the wet ingredients with the dry, and leave the oats to soak up the flavours for 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a 9” by 9” baking tray covered with greaseproof paper.
- Pop into the centre of the oven for around 35 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool and then slice up into 12 pieces.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy with a cuppa or out on a walk.
Dr Sally Norton, NHS weight loss consultant surgeon www.vavistalife.com